VOLUNTEER in seattle
VOLUNTEER at ghost owl farm
Ghost Owl Farm Equine Sanctuary on Vashon Island is honored to welcome community volunteers, for a variety of tasks. Examples of initial tasks include stall and enclosure cleaning, facilities cleaning, supporting the maintenance team, and aiding in content creation for social media. Come support ECPR and learn about equine support work.
Volunteer applications are accepted on a continuous basis.
A few details about the program:
We ask each volunteer to commit to a minimum of 2 two-hour shifts per month.
Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older or at least 16 if volunteering alongside a parent or guardian.
Applicants must pass a background check before receiving an assignment.
If you're interested, please follow the link below to access the application. We look forward to having you join the ECPR Ghost Owl Team!
If you are looking for a new family member or animal companion, ECPR has several animals looking for a new forever home. Our adoption process helps to ensure that the environment and situation are best suited for both the animal and the adopter. Have a look at our adoption process, and the animals currently looking for a safe, loving new home.
3 things to know ABOUT ADOPTION
1. Adoption is always contingent upon interviews and site visits, to ensure that the environment is suitable for the animal.
2. After adoption, ECPR will schedule regular check ins to ensure that the animal and the situation continue to be the best for both parties.
3. In the event that the adopter is no longer able to fully care for the animal, for any reason, ECPR reserves the right to reclaim to animal (as opposed to the animal being re-homed, re-dopted, or relinquished to any other rescue organization).
If only we had the space, we would love to rescue all the animals needing a safe space or more care. Luckily, there are spaces all over the local community that are safe and loving temporary environments for animals. If you have such a space and would like to temporarily house an animal, we would love to talk with you!
3 things to know ABOUT fostering
1. While you are fostering an animal, ECPR pays all associated costs of feeding and medical care, while you feed and perform day-to-day care of the animal, and maintain its home environment.
2. Presently, we only foster to locations in the greater Puget Sound area, including Vashon Island, Olympic Peninsula, and areas within 30 miles of Seattle.
3. Yes, fostering an animal could lead into an adoption situation :) And we would be happy to discuss that option with you should you decide to try fostering an animal.